Street Smart Traffic

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Won 2nd Place

This idea won second place at a umbc business plan competition. I will get $100.

I was disappointed that I got second place. The business that won is OpenPosting, which is basically Craig's List without the user base. My plan does not is not a current commercial competitor. They did have a 5 page business plan and mine was just 2 pages I threw together one afternoon. There are other academics and commercial research labs that are working on this idea. However none of them have taken the same approach as me, hopefully my approach works best.

I'll beat them out at the real competing at the MoshPit. Silly name, but decent money at stake: $30k+ with $10k+ going to first place.

I have a while till then and I will have solid business plan by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home